Wednesday, June 20, 2007

06/20 - Good-Bye Michael

If a picture's worth a thousand words, then maybe this is what Jim Hendry was trying to say. Check out the rub-off area to the right of the ball...




Gonna miss you, Michael. On July 25, 2005, I caught your 10th homer of the season (career #64). On July 20, 2006, I caught your 10th homer of that season (career #80). And seeing as how you're sitting on nine homers this year, I was really looking forward to maybe catching #10 again. But fate (and Jim Hendry) intervened so I guess I'll just be happy with the two I caught and see where you end up playing next year.

In the meantime, welcome to the Cubs, Rob Bowen. That was a nice blast to the left-center bleachers last weekend for your second homer of the year. Now if you can just start pulling it a little more down the line each time, maybe your 10th of the year will make it out to Waveland and into my glove...

Out of the Ballpark Totals:
Season: BP-174 [W-143,S-31], HR-7 [W-7,S-0], Foul-3 [W-3,S-0], Roof-18 [A-9,C-9]

No comments: