Saturday, April 21, 2007

04/21 - Bartman in the Bleachers???


The south winds that ballhawks dream about aren't quite here yet - still some easternly flow to it off the lake. So BP wasn't anything too exciting - one from the Cubs and three from the Cardinals. But the sun was shining, temps in the 70s, and the Cubs were putting the hurt on the Cards, so it was a pretty good day all around.

Michael Barrett delivered the big blow with a three-run blast in the first inning. Given the wind direction and my personal belief that "catchers always pull", I positioned myself down the line again. Sure enough, I see the ball coming up, almost right at me. I ran across the street, right up to where the stairs lead down from the bleachers, and was all ready to make a nice basket catch. All of a sudden, a fan reaches out and tries to make a barehanded catch over the railing.

Holy Moises Alou - it's the return of Bartman!!!

Ball goes off his hand, over my head, and heads down Waveland towards the firehouse. Wes gives chase, but ball bounces right into the hand of a passerby, who proceeds to pull out his cell phone and call everyone he knows...


Out of the Ballpark Totals:
Saturday, April 21: BP-4 [W-4,S-0], HR-1 [W-1,S-0], Foul-0, Roof-0
Season: BP-28 [W-23,S-5], HR-2 [W-2,S-0], Foul-1 [W-1,S-0], Roof-7 [A-3,C-4]

No comments: